Social Justice Ireland is an independent think tank and justice advocacy organisation that advances the lives of people and communities through providing independent social analysis and effective policy development to create a sustainable future for every member of society and for societies as a whole.
- We advance the lives of people and communities by working to build a just society. In doing this we give special priority to national and international issues related to poverty, inequality, social exclusion, sustainability and the environment.
- As an independent think tank Social Justice Ireland is a significant research resource in the area of social justice and public policy. We provide accurate social analysis of the current situation on an ongoing basis and identify effective policy proposals to address challenges.
- We are one of the leading advocates for the changes needed for a future that is sustainable economically, environmentally and socially. We identify credible alternatives and effective pathways to resolving challenges faced across a wide range of public policy.
- Social Justice Ireland works to ensure that every member of society, and society as a whole, can flourish and thrive in a sustainable manner. We have a special concern for those who are vulnerable or on the margins of society. We believe that the dignity of all is enhanced when those on the margins of society are included. Consequently we promote the development of an inclusive society in which everyone’s rights and responsibilities are recognised and honoured.
- We work both nationally and internationally. The inter-relatedness of the local and the global requires that issues be addressed at different levels to ensure appropriate solutions are identified and implemented. We bring this perspective to bear on all we do.
Social Justice Ireland is working to build a just society through developing and delivering credible analysis and policy to improve society and the lives of people. We identify sustainable options for the future and provide viable pathways forward. In all of this we focus on human rights and the common good.
We improve the quality of public policy by influencing the public debate to ensure it focuses on what matters most to people who are poor or vulnerable or in need. We focus especially on ensuring the future being developed is one in which all people and the whole person are developed simultaneously and in solidarity.
Social Justice Ireland promotes the values of both human dignity and the centrality of the community. The person is seen as growing and developing in a context that includes other people and the environment. Justice is understood in terms of right relationships. A just society is one that is structured in such a way as to promote right relationships so that human rights are respected, human dignity is protected, human development is facilitated and the environment is respected and protected.
Social Justice Ireland speaks for those who have no voice in policy debates. We place a very high value on integrity in all we do and are confident enough to take an uncommon point of view or to propose an unpopular solution.
Independent in our mission, research and analysis of policy.
Visionary about an achievable, sustainable future and the best ways to achieve it.
Responsive to policy, opinion, needs and environment.
Credible in the purpose of our work, in the quality of research we offer and in the values we promote.
Membership of Social justice Ireland is open to all individuals, organisations, groups and companies who share our values and support our mission to build a justice society.
Among those who benefit from Social Justice Ireland’s activities are:
- People and groups directly or indirectly affected by decisions on public or social policy particularly those related to national and international issues of poverty, inequality, social exclusion, sustainability and the environment.
- Policy-makers who are able to access our analysis, research, critique and proposals.
- The general public who are better informed in the public debate on policy issues.
- People and groups who look beyond their individual needs, put society first and have a shared vision for the future where everyone benefits from economic progress.
- People who want to leave a legacy for the future and can do so by supporting this work of building a just society and a sustainable future.
- Members of Social Justice Ireland who have direct access to all that we do and can both influence and benefit from this work.
Social Justice Ireland is a non-profit organisation, a registered charity and is independent of any party political or commercial affiliation. Our principal source of funding is membership fees and donations and grants.
Our Strategic Plan 2016-2020 is available here.
Our Annual Report 2016 is available here.
Our Audited Accounts 2016 are available here.
Our Annual Report 2015 is available here.
Our Audited Accounts 2015 are available here.
Our Annual Report for 2014 is available here.
Our Audited Accounts for 2014 are available here.
Our Annual Report for 2013 is available here.
Our Audited Accounts for 2013 are available here.
Social Justice Ireland complies with the Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charitable Sector in Ireland.
Social Justice Ireland has signed the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising developed by the ICTR. Social Justice Ireland's supporting policy documents for the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising are available here.
HOW TO JOIN SOCIAL JUSTICE IRELAND
If you would like to support our work, then become a member of Social Justice Ireland. It’s easy, just logon here. Or phone us on 01 213 0724 and we’ll set up your membership.
Social Justice Ireland, Arena House, Arena Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland