You are here
Government's Jobs Initiative - Full Text
The Irish Government published a Jobs Initiative on May 10, 2011. This initiative honoured a commitment contained in the Programme for Government.
"It is just under 9 weeks since the new Government assumed office having obtained a secure and stable mandate from the Irish people. We have agreed a Programme for Government which is motivated by a clear vision of an Ireland that, by the end of our term in office, will be recognised as a modern, fair, socially inclusive and equal society, supported by a productive and prosperous economy.
- ¾ fixing our broken banking system,
- ¾ restoring order to our public finances,
- ¾ regaining and enhancing our international competitiveness,
- ¾ supporting the protection and creation of jobs,
- ¾ radically reforming our system of public administration, and
- ¾ rebuilding Ireland’s reputation on the international stage.